- As first-year college students, you are setting out on a new path. This course aims to help you find ways to make our world a better place. You will learn about ordinary people who became extraordinary and find out what it takes for us all to do extraordinary things. To do this, you will reflect upon and critique your own attitudes toward social justice.
- As you read about and meet people near and far, some similar to you and some different, you will will begin to analyze the complexities of your interactions with your communities
- In this course, you will explore the ways you and people around the world live, and ponder the lives, loves, hopes, and fears we all share. The journey in this course will help you appreciate how interconnected and interdependent we are with those around the world in spiritual, cultural, political and economic ways. You will will inspect your connectedness to social groups beyond their immediate communities.
- In this course, you will will explore Catholic Social Teaching principles and the foundations of civic literacy in relationship to their own belief system.
- You will learn how you, as Communication majors, can use your talents and skills, in partnership with others around the world.
- My hope is that, over four years, you find your way to make our world more fair, just, and livable for all.
- Students will reflect upon and critique their disposition toward social justice.
- Students will begin to analyze the complexities of their interactions with their communities.
- Students will inspect their connectedness to social groups beyond their immediate communities.
- Students will explore Catholic Social Teaching principles and the foundations of civic literacy in relationship to their own belief system.
- Jerry Zurek, Ph.D., Professor and chairman, Communication Dept.
- Office: FH 272
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact means)
- cell: 610-506-1899
- Office Hours: Mondays 11 a.m. - noon; Tuesdays and Thursdays: 11 am.-1 p.m.; Other times by appointment.
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and other social media: jerryzurek